With the best eye surgeons, the latest and highly sophisticated medical equipment and facilities, Ozone Eye Care definitely makes for the best choice when it comes to eye care. What’s more, being a part of the Ozone Eye care, you can rest be assured of the quality of service, care and comfort that you will get here.
Ophthalmology is the branch of medicine which deals with the anatomy, physiology and diseases of the eye. The term ophthalmologist refers to a specialist in medical and surgical eye problems. Since ophthalmologists perform operations on eyes, they are considered to be both surgical and medical specialists. Ophthalmology includes sub-specialities which deal either with certain diseases or diseases of certain parts of the eye. Some of them are,
- Anterior segment surgery
- Cataract — not usually considered a subspecialty per se, since most general ophthalmologists perform cataract surgery
- Cornea, ocular surface, and external disease
- Medical retina, deals with treatment of retinal problems through non-surgical means.
- Ocular oncology
- Oculoplastics& Orbit surgery
- Ophthalmic pathology
- Pediatric ophthalmology/Strabismus (mis-alignment of the eyes)
- Refractive surgery
- Veterinary Formal specialty training programs in veterinary ophthalmology now exist in some countries.
Vitreo-retinal surgery, deals with surgical management of retinal and posterior segment diseases and disorders.. Medical retina and vitreo-retinal surgery sometimes together called posterior segment subspecialisation.